THE HISTORY OF
THE GRAND VICTORIAN
The Grand Victorian was previously the Victoria United Church which was built in the Gothic Revival architectural style. In 1877, a system of horse and pulleys was used to lower the incredible octagonal steeple into its current position to complete the construction. The original lot was purchased from Adam Rogerson and the carpentry work was carried out by local craftsman, Lloyd French.
Lightning struck the steeple in the 1940’s which destroyed the original nails which secured it to the church. Copper nails, originally used during Victoria’s shipbuilding days, were sourced from the Wright Brothers’ General Store to complete the repairs.
The idea behind The Grand Victorian started taking shape in June, 2016. The combination of the incredible building, the quaint village and the sea-side location made the perfect home for a wedding and events destination.The building was purchased in December, 2016 by Greg and Marly and renovations were completed in June, 2017. The current owners are thrilled with the results and hope you will be too.